Connecting to your ACCESS with the Media5 Fone app
This technote will help subdue the Android envy by providing step-by-step instructions for using the Media5 Fone iOS and Android app with your ACCESS or BRIC-Link IP Codec.
With ACCESS 2.7 firmware we introduced N/ACIP SIP compatibility using G.711 and G.722 codecs. Media5 Fone is a SIP softphone client for the iPhone and iPod touch which allows you to make and receive VoIP calls over WiFi and 3G. The end result of the combination is a compact, mobile solution for providing a full-duplex, wideband high-quality audio channel between the two devices, perfect for quick cut-ins with audio quality much better than a standard telephone call.
Although Media5 Fone is a free demo download, it restricts your call duration and available audio codec modes. You will need to purchase the additional features that you wish to use.
Please be advised that Comrex Corporation does not provide tech support for the Media5 Fone application. For Media5 support, please visit the Media5 Corporation website.
What You'll Need
- Comrex ACCESS or BRIC-Link running 2.7.1p5 firmware or newer
- Apple iPhone or iPod Touch (with external microphone) running 3.0 firmware or newer, or
- Android device
- Media5 Fone app from iTunes App Store or
- Media5 Fone app from Google Play app store
- Two SIP Service accounts
Regarding SIP Accounts
For our example we have used the free SIP service provider getonsip.com. You are free to use any SIP service that you would like - simply use the appropriate SIP Server information for your provider.
Keep in mind that you will need two separate SIP accounts to get started - one for your ACCESS and one for your iPhone / iPod.
Configuring Media5 Fone
- Launch Media5 Fone app
- Tap Start
- Tap Settings
- Tap Configure SIP Accounts
- Tap + to add a new account
- Tap Define Manually
- Enter SIP account details
- Title: Nickname for the account
- Username: getonsip.com account username (leave off @getonsip.com)
- Password: getonsip.com account password
- Tap Servers
- Enter SIP server details
- Address: getonsip.com
- Port: Leave as default 5060
- Enable Proxy: Change to On
- Address: sip.onsip.com
- Port: 5060
- Tap getonsip.com
- Tap Advanced
- Display Name: Name of your choice
- Auth. Name: getonsip.com authentication username
- Tap Done
- Make sure your new account is set as the Active Account
Configuring your ACCESS / BRIC-Link
- Log into the Web Interface
- Click on Settings Tab
- Check Show Advanced Options checkbox
- Expand N/ACIP SIP Settings
- Accept Incoming Connections: Set to Enabled
- Use STUN Server: Set to Enabled
- Use SIP Proxy: Set to Enabled
- SIP Proxy Address: sip.onsip.com
- SIP Domain: getonsip.com
- SIP Username: 2nd account username (leave off @getonsip.com)
- SIP Password: 2nd account password
Once these settings are entered, click on the Connections Tab. If everything is configured properly, you should see the SIP Status as ONLINE (200 OK) in the Registration Status box. If you do not, please double-check your N/ACIP SIP Settings configuration.
Making a Connection
Now that your ACCESS and Media5 Fone app are configured for your SIP providers, all that is left to do is test it out!
- Launch the Mobile5 Fone app
- Tap the keyboard icon above the number pad
- Enter the address for the ACCESS SIP account in the following format:
email@example.com (example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tap the green phone icon to make the call
Alternatively, you can add the SIP address to a Contact for quick dialing. Simply add the SIP address as a URL for the desired Contact.